Sunday 12 May 2013

I hope the weather is going to return to how it was last weekend It was lovely and warm with just a gentle breeze. I managed to get quite alot of gardening done! Splitting hosta's, I think I may well be over run by them this summer but I do love them. We also painted the fence which I didn't realize was so big. It took a day and a half to give it two coats. There is still about 12 ft to paint but I have Coal Tits nesting in a box on the fence so that section will have to wait until they fly the nest! I chose Willow for the fences and I think I am going to paint the sheds cream with blue/grey doors. That won't happen until the end of the the month as I'm a little busy until then.


My climbing Hydrangea is doing alot better this year it didn't like the weather last year.


I have cut out all the pieces for my Celebrating freedom Quilt for my bed and have been hiding out in my craft room whenever I get chance. Which isn't as often as I would like, but every little helps.


These are a few of the blocks I have made so far.


I'm off to the cricket now. I hope you all have a productive Sunday and Happy Mothers Day to all of you in Australia, Canada and USA. 
Hugs Melanie xxx

2 comments:

  1. Melanie,
    Your blocks are looking great. What size are they? Your garden looks beautiful! I can bet that painting the fence was a big job, but so worth it! I hope you post some pics through the season so we can see how things grow. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks so pretty, I love the project you are working on, can I ask you which magazine the pattern is in?

    ReplyDelete